In the late summer of 2010, my beautiful wife and I made the crazy decision to move out of the city and into the Central Texas countryside. It was here that Big Z Creations was formed. This blog chronicles our experiences in gardening, home renovation and repair, woodworking, raising chickens and much more.


Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Super Secret Big Z Project


So I'm in the process of building a two-person design table that has two cubby hole banks on either side of it. It'll be a three component piece with two 3'x3' bank sections and 1 desktop table section with two sliding drawers on either side of it.

I've purchased 1x12 boards, enough to build one of the cubby hole banks for now. I'm going at this piece on my own pace. The weather has been spotty but I think it'll get better. By the way, I'm keeping this project secret from my wife, Krystal - LOL. We need a good project desk for the two of us in the Big Z Imaginarium / Idea space.

I'll be posting more photos of the project as I go. So far, I've ripped a few of the pieces for the cubby to length and will be ripping more tonight as I go. Then the rough fitment will come next, I'll adjust to see how everything fits as I go. After everything fits, I'll drill and countersink 2" wood screws into the piece for rough assembly.

More to come on this project later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many Thanks to those who read, follow my blog and leave feedback. I am happy to receive the support that I get, it encourages me to continue my exploration of Woodworking and Craftsmanship.