In the late summer of 2010, my beautiful wife and I made the crazy decision to move out of the city and into the Central Texas countryside. It was here that Big Z Creations was formed. This blog chronicles our experiences in gardening, home renovation and repair, woodworking, raising chickens and much more.


Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Big Z is really rolling. Sorry for not posting in a while, I have been busy completing much of the smaller projects in order to get the Big Z house operational. I've also been resting as much as I can - I've been very tired. I think working and getting use to the 9 to 6 shift at work has been a contributor to it. I'm adjusting well though.
Many things have worked out very well since we've moved into Big Z and my family couldn't have been happier moving there. The wife and two dogs, my parents are all very happy with our decision so we have been experiencing a great period of peace which has been a while since we've felt this way completely.

On Big Z Time.
I, personally, have been living on Big Z time. Life has slowed down for me, I'm trying to just get things done but not in a fashion where I feel rushed but satisfied instead. There is a certain quality that comes with completing projects on Big Z time. It makes it worth it. I try to reflect on what life was like before Big Z but now I can't even imagine it.

Freedom.
There is so much freedom here at Big Z, this home and this property is like a blank canvas. We have all the freedom in the world to just do whatever we want to do. Which is a freedom that we never had before. Just this morning, I heard a radio DJ complaining about his HOA restrictions and the quarrels he's had with them. I never in my life considered any HOA (Home Owners Association) to be of any sort of benefit but onto themselves. This was just a clever way to profit off of those that are packed and crammed into unsafe suburbs and neighborhoods. HOA's create a false sense of neighborhood upkeep and safety. They are limiters and restricters of our god given freedoms and liberties. Enjoy and seek out your own Freedom, break away from those that try to take it away. Do something that makes you feel free right now.

1 comment:

  1. That dog is adorable. I love the last line of this post. You are really making it happen, A. I am very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Many Thanks to those who read, follow my blog and leave feedback. I am happy to receive the support that I get, it encourages me to continue my exploration of Woodworking and Craftsmanship.