In the late summer of 2010, my beautiful wife and I made the crazy decision to move out of the city and into the Central Texas countryside. It was here that Big Z Creations was formed. This blog chronicles our experiences in gardening, home renovation and repair, woodworking, raising chickens and much more.


Monday, August 2, 2010







Weekend Update.
I had a rad weekend. I'm so stoked that I got so much done and I logged a couple of hours in the shop. It was a hot and sweaty time in the shop, I mean sweat was pouring off of me. But that's a good thing in my mind - it's like working out, ha ha ha. I maintained drinking a lot of fluids so I was okay. The shop thermometer read 100 degrees yesterday, we got up to 102 in Bastrop just yesterday. It was our first triple digit weather day.

Sliding Tool Cabinet Project
I'd say that I am on the last leg of this project. I have the cabinet base attached to the bin shelf and that entire component mounted to the wall. I have attached a few photos and it's looking really really good. It's been a few weeks of hard work on this project and I am very proud of it. I was very careful of it's quality and craftsmanship, What remains of this project is the construction of the sliding doors, a layer of finishing tongue oil and maybe a few spots to be sanded. Also, I'd like to make labels for the bins and have them organized. Tonight, I'll begin the door frames... hopefully... if it isn't too hot... Enjoy the photos!!

1 comment:

  1. This is fantastic! Makes my unorganized peg-board look rather sad! Can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete

Many Thanks to those who read, follow my blog and leave feedback. I am happy to receive the support that I get, it encourages me to continue my exploration of Woodworking and Craftsmanship.