In the late summer of 2010, my beautiful wife and I made the crazy decision to move out of the city and into the Central Texas countryside. It was here that Big Z Creations was formed. This blog chronicles our experiences in gardening, home renovation and repair, woodworking, raising chickens and much more.


Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Fencing.
No, we're not talking about swordplay. Once the weather cooled off a bit, I spent yesterday afternoon putting up a critter fence around the Mini-shop and my garden. I had some fencing left over and I wanted to keep our destructive dogs and other critters away from my garden area and the shop. So now only our shop cat will be allowed to hang out in that area, and without the dogs bothering her.

The Gate.
The fence is up except for the gate that I'll be building in. What I'll do next is - I'll have to install the gate post into concrete this of course is what the gate and gate hinge hardware will be hung onto. Once the concrete dries and the gate is hung plumb, flush and square, I'll apply a simple coat of polyurethane sealant to protect it from the elements.

Electricity.
No new updates on the electrical at this time, I am still pending the arrival of an electrician to come up and hook everything up to the main. I have the preliminary things hooked up though - like the strip sockets, lights, breaker box and wiring.

I'll be taking photos tonight to be posted tomorrow - Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many Thanks to those who read, follow my blog and leave feedback. I am happy to receive the support that I get, it encourages me to continue my exploration of Woodworking and Craftsmanship.