In the late summer of 2010, my beautiful wife and I made the crazy decision to move out of the city and into the Central Texas countryside. It was here that Big Z Creations was formed. This blog chronicles our experiences in gardening, home renovation and repair, woodworking, raising chickens and much more.


Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Oil Spill Update

There doesn't appear to be any good news regarding the situation. Visually, the only picture we can monitor is what's happening at the surface via satellite. The spill has reached the Loop Current. A few tar balls have been found in Key West, whether or not they are related to the oil spill is yet to be determined and verified.

BP is doing an excellent job at keeping news reporters and media away from the scene of the crime. They are the only body of authority in charge of the clean up. No Government including our own appears to be concerned or offering any assistance.

I try to stay optimistic but that's easy because the oil hasn't fully devastated the Texas coastline as of yet. It'll be a different story when I see the destruction with my own eyes. I am not sure how I'll take it to be honest.

Wildlife impacts have been getting up there in numbers so far, which is really disheartening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many Thanks to those who read, follow my blog and leave feedback. I am happy to receive the support that I get, it encourages me to continue my exploration of Woodworking and Craftsmanship.