In the late summer of 2010, my beautiful wife and I made the crazy decision to move out of the city and into the Central Texas countryside. It was here that Big Z Creations was formed. This blog chronicles our experiences in gardening, home renovation and repair, woodworking, raising chickens and much more.


Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Been Awhile

Well, it has been sometime since my last post. You'll have to forgive me as I have been very busy. I'll try not to let that hinder my blog. The mini-shop has had quite a few changes, I've also made progress in the sliding shop cabinet project.

Blue Birdhouse Project.
On Saturday, I got sidetracked as I helped my father build and complete two cedar birdhouses for his home. What was expected to be a simple Saturday morning project put up a little fight and took longer than expected. But what matters is that we built two of them and they are good to go. They are pending being mounted to a few of the tall fence tops which should be a perfect place for them.

Mini-Shop
We began the layout of Phase 2 for the Mini-shop this past Saturday. First, we positioned and buried the three support columns that will hold up the South end of the roof, the North end of the roof will be attached to the South wall of the Mini-shop. The North end of the roof will be supported and held up using Simpson rafter ties. After setting the three support columns in concrete, we continued Sunday to put up the rafters and roof sheeting. All that remains now is the lattice wall that we'll put up on the west wall of it, tar papering the roof, installing the roof shingles, and wiring a light fixture and outdoor socket for electrical accessibility.

1 comment:

Many Thanks to those who read, follow my blog and leave feedback. I am happy to receive the support that I get, it encourages me to continue my exploration of Woodworking and Craftsmanship.