In the late summer of 2010, my beautiful wife and I made the crazy decision to move out of the city and into the Central Texas countryside. It was here that Big Z Creations was formed. This blog chronicles our experiences in gardening, home renovation and repair, woodworking, raising chickens and much more.


Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Tuesday Tuesday.

Morning Mellow.
It has been a very mellow morning, I feel rested and at peace... I slept well last night and this morning, and now I'm bumping the easy 311. It's been a 311 morning, just flowing with mellow, I love it. Going to work is kind of a bummer but we're thinking positive today. The weather is cool and cloudy, rain is likely be in the forecast for today. Rain would be nice, water of any sort would be nice.

Kitty.
I didn't do much last night, I was actually really tired from the physical activities of this past weekend. I wanted to just come home and crash on the bed. Krystal brought home a beautiful white kitten that she had found outside of her job yesterday. I don't know what to think of keeping her, I think I was too tired to care really. I am allergic to cats and Krystal knows this. Krystal wants to keep her as an outside cat which is okay by me. I have no idea how to keep them around other than to keep food for her outside. The kitten is a female and her name is She-Ra, she's real tiny and still young. She'll stay inside for now but when she gets older, we'll slowly transition her to live outside. I have two dogs already, mind you, my home is turning into a zoo. Krystal pledges to take care of the cat. I'll sit back to see how that works out. Either way, looks like I have inherited a shop cat.
Project: Workbench
I have decided on using the plans for the Kreg work bench to build my own custom version to suit my own needs. I'm building the base a little lengthier but will have to see how the top (made of 2x6's) will come out. The goal is to come out with as little waste as possible for this project.

Sound Off.
I'm really happy with the fact that I've been able to update this blog with all the projects and things that Big Z Creations has got going on. I'm not the best writer and the worst at keeping a journal of any sort. So this blog has been an awesome thing for me especially. Thanks to those great friends who have sounded off already on my blog with their words of encouragement and praise. I am motivated by all this feedback - Please remember to click on "Comments" to drop a line and please let me know what you think.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not much of a cat person but living out in the "sticks" as you do now, having an outside kitty will come in handy, I bet. :) Natural pest/rodent control!

    ReplyDelete

Many Thanks to those who read, follow my blog and leave feedback. I am happy to receive the support that I get, it encourages me to continue my exploration of Woodworking and Craftsmanship.