In the late summer of 2010, my beautiful wife and I made the crazy decision to move out of the city and into the Central Texas countryside. It was here that Big Z Creations was formed. This blog chronicles our experiences in gardening, home renovation and repair, woodworking, raising chickens and much more.


Friday, June 11, 2010

Finally Friday.

Blog Revamp.
I'm hoping that everyone will like the new GREENER Big Z Creations Blog layout. I didn't change too much. We're really liking it and hope you do too. Leave us some comments if there is anything you'd like to see added to this blog just let me know. I'll be making modifications here and there from time to time but appreciate feedback.

Roof it.
I have started the re-roofing of the mini-shop last night before being driven off by mosquitoes and lack of light. I've overlapped the main trouble area and laid down some waterproof caulking to create an extra seal. There are weak spots along the roof edge that I'll have to go back and reinforce with a few 2x4 braces. I'll use my Kreg jig to put pocket holes that I'll use to toenail these braces to the roof joists. This is further reinforce the strength of the North and South Faces of the roof. I'll continue on this afternoon and tomorrow morning to get this wrapped up as soon as I can. I'm confident that I'll get this done in a timely manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many Thanks to those who read, follow my blog and leave feedback. I am happy to receive the support that I get, it encourages me to continue my exploration of Woodworking and Craftsmanship.