In the late summer of 2010, my beautiful wife and I made the crazy decision to move out of the city and into the Central Texas countryside. It was here that Big Z Creations was formed. This blog chronicles our experiences in gardening, home renovation and repair, woodworking, raising chickens and much more.


Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I've put together the basic components of the bench top router table and put it into the shop last night. I didn't do much in the shop, just kinda took a look around and assessed a few things. I've decided that I'm going to need to build a cabinet that's going to be tall enough to house the bench top router table.

Since the bench top router table is 14" in height, I'll have to build a rolling cabinet that is 24" long x 14"wide x 24" high. I'll also have to factor the height minus the height of the locking and straight casters that I add on. The casters will make the cabinet portable and easier to position around the shop. I have a preliminary design build in mind but I'm going to research around a little more in order to start shopping for materials. Unfortunately, the weather has not subsided and the temperatures inside my shop remain deadly hot. I'll have to do this build late in the evenings and possibly outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many Thanks to those who read, follow my blog and leave feedback. I am happy to receive the support that I get, it encourages me to continue my exploration of Woodworking and Craftsmanship.