In the late summer of 2010, my beautiful wife and I made the crazy decision to move out of the city and into the Central Texas countryside. It was here that Big Z Creations was formed. This blog chronicles our experiences in gardening, home renovation and repair, woodworking, raising chickens and much more.


Monday, June 28, 2010

Weekend Recap.

3 Day weekend.
I took off Friday of last weekend, I managed to knock out going for a checkup with my doctor as well as a cleaning with my Dentist all in one day. As usual it was only good for one thing - both telling you that there is something wrong with you. The pleasantries of medical and dental conditions aside - a few key Big Z Mini shop projects were started. Given the deadly heat, we weren't able to do as much as I would like - this is the way with most things I try to get done this time of year.

Electrical.
I finished what I believed to be the hardest and most labor intensive part of the installation of the electrical components for the mini shop: the 40 foot 6" trench I had to dig for the PVC conduit pipe. What remained for me was to purchase the strip socket, breaker box, the 20 & 15 amp breakers, the new work switch and socket boxes, a 20A A/C window unit socket, a fluorescent shop light and a light switch. All of the items were successfully purchased and lay ready and eager for installation. I am excited and hoping that this will all be ready soon, I will begin preliminary wiring of my light and socket fixtures with the romex wiring that I currently have on hand.

Insulation.
In the effort to make this shop more climate controlled, I'll be adding insulation and a vapor barrier on top of that. This will further ensure that the A/C Window unit that I will later install will maintain a consistently cool climate inside. Installing insulation is a gruelling task but it'll be worth it.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like the mini-shop has electricity in the near future! Congrats! Your hard work will pay off soon.

    ReplyDelete

Many Thanks to those who read, follow my blog and leave feedback. I am happy to receive the support that I get, it encourages me to continue my exploration of Woodworking and Craftsmanship.