In the late summer of 2010, my beautiful wife and I made the crazy decision to move out of the city and into the Central Texas countryside. It was here that Big Z Creations was formed. This blog chronicles our experiences in gardening, home renovation and repair, woodworking, raising chickens and much more.


Thursday, June 3, 2010

Music Review


Music. Who am I?
Those who know me well know how much music impacts my life. Music has influenced me since as long as I can remember. From a very early age, several artists and genres of music have gone in and out of fashion for me throughout the years. For the past 7 years, I have looked to musicians for longevity, purpose, and quality of life. I sought out music that conformed to who I was, my belief system, my roots - and in some way to help me define who I was. I have been a soul searcher all my life, I have always looked inward for answers about my life.

Banana Onion.
All seriousness must be garnished with a little side of humor. I have been told that I am a banana with onion layers - ha ha ha. Simply Conflicted. Complex layers underneath yet very simple and gentle outward disposition. Slow to react, yet slippery and often too quick to think. When I want to, I can go very deep. So I meditated on what kind of man I was becoming, who I wanted to become, and through trial and error I discovered the most important things in life. Other times, I ebb just like the tides, one moment calm, another there's waves. Like most people, as I matured, I learned to ride those waves and not fight them. Being a waverider, I turned to fellow waveriders for help to stay afloat in my life. This is when I discovered Jack...

To The Sea.
This is yet another powerful and awesome album by a master artist. It's easy for anyone to identify that this will be a very biased album review from a fan of nearly seven years. Listening to the album, Jack has produced another organic album with surprising improvements including the brave additions of backup vocalists and additional instruments. Jack can do no wrong by me obviously with this move, I really think fans of Jack anywhere will also like that about his new album. Every album of his is portrayed in my mind like fruit hanging from the tree; a nugget, a jewel in their own respects. To The Sea is a braver, experimental roots based album. Favorite songs include the brave "Red Wine, Mistakes, Mythology", "Only the Ocean", "From the Clouds" and "You and Your Heart". I think it's going to be the anthem of this summer easily. I feel that with each new release from Jack, I sense that we are all coming a little closer to home. I'm looking forward to his next decade of albums. Find out what Jack is all about including music and news on his latest album at: http://jackjohnsonmusic.com/home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many Thanks to those who read, follow my blog and leave feedback. I am happy to receive the support that I get, it encourages me to continue my exploration of Woodworking and Craftsmanship.