In the late summer of 2010, my beautiful wife and I made the crazy decision to move out of the city and into the Central Texas countryside. It was here that Big Z Creations was formed. This blog chronicles our experiences in gardening, home renovation and repair, woodworking, raising chickens and much more.


Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Heavy Metal



I thought it would be neat to showcase a piece from fellow craftsman by the name of Spain. Spain is a talented Austin Metal Artist and friend of mine that I have the privilege of also working with. She designed and handcrafted a lovely custom barbecue fork for her Father as a Father's Day Gift. I am most impressed with the curved animal-like tail - it's reminiscent of a European sword from days past. I would most love for her to build a decorative piece of armor someday. I hope that you enjoy viewing this piece as much as I have. I look forward to seeing more of her work and am encouraging her to start a blog of her own. She is much like me in that she'd rather be building that blogging.

1 comment:

  1. Aw, shucks! Thanks for the kind words, Ahren. I truly appreciate it! I was thinkin' about ya, actually, when I fired up the forge on Saturday. Gotta love forgin' in this Texas heat, y'all! Thanks again - you keep doing what you do and we'll all be better for it. Fine craftsmanship is what makes this society worth something to me. And it's encouraging to know someone such as yourself that works hard week after week to make something with his hands. It speaks to the kind of person you are.

    ReplyDelete

Many Thanks to those who read, follow my blog and leave feedback. I am happy to receive the support that I get, it encourages me to continue my exploration of Woodworking and Craftsmanship.