In the late summer of 2010, my beautiful wife and I made the crazy decision to move out of the city and into the Central Texas countryside. It was here that Big Z Creations was formed. This blog chronicles our experiences in gardening, home renovation and repair, woodworking, raising chickens and much more.


Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Fully Functional

So, the AC system in the house had a crossover duct that got disconnected. Apparently, a few feral cats were using the duct to live out of for a while, LOL. Along with a broken AC duct we also had an AC drain pan pipe that became severed off completely. I'm now happy to report that both have been repaired and replaced.

Once we get the house in order, it'll be onto the fun stuff, like the deck, the carport and the Big Z Workshop. I anticipate a few more minor repairs to the home. Some notable projects include repairing the kitchen and bathroom cabinet drawer hardware and will provide an interesting custom project for the Kreg Jig.

The cabinet drawers were suspended from cheap plastic chairs that were merely screwed into the back wall of the cabinet. This is evidence of it no doubt being the cheapest cabinet job in the world. I believe the cabinets were built for purposes of seeming oversized but care was not taken to how the drawers would be inserted.

I intend to build a custom cage out of 1x3's pocket screwed together with the Kreg Jig. The cabinet drawer slides will be screwed into the 1x3 cage. Problem solved. Sounds good in theory, we'll see how well it holds up in practice. Another case of easier said than done...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many Thanks to those who read, follow my blog and leave feedback. I am happy to receive the support that I get, it encourages me to continue my exploration of Woodworking and Craftsmanship.