In the late summer of 2010, my beautiful wife and I made the crazy decision to move out of the city and into the Central Texas countryside. It was here that Big Z Creations was formed. This blog chronicles our experiences in gardening, home renovation and repair, woodworking, raising chickens and much more.


Wednesday, July 21, 2010

North Wall Insulated.


I spent yesterday installing the insulation to the north wall. It took two rolls of insulation. It went up rather quickly and easily much to my surprise. Tonight, I'll be removing the strip socket to tack on the vapor barrier. After that, it'll pretty much be ready for the hanging tool cabinet that I posted from yesterday. I have already purchased the wood and the hardware according to it's plan and am very excited to begin this very important and necessary project. As probably mentioned in yesterdays blog entry, I have many small woodworking tools that I both need to keep track of and have close to my workbench. The sliding tool cabinet design will certainly make this possible. I am very excited.

Left-Overs.
I have a few left over electrical things that I need to get wrapped up before I begin insulating and applying vapor barrier to the remaining walls. I'll be heading back to Orange to get a 50' roll of interior grade 12 gauge wire for the two 220 sockets - one indoor and one outdoor socket AND for the 220 socket for the AC Unit socket. I need to get these sockets routed and wired soon. That will pretty much wrap up my electrical needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many Thanks to those who read, follow my blog and leave feedback. I am happy to receive the support that I get, it encourages me to continue my exploration of Woodworking and Craftsmanship.