In the late summer of 2010, my beautiful wife and I made the crazy decision to move out of the city and into the Central Texas countryside. It was here that Big Z Creations was formed. This blog chronicles our experiences in gardening, home renovation and repair, woodworking, raising chickens and much more.


Thursday, June 17, 2010

Progress Slowly.




Sealed.
I keep finding places that didn't quite seal right after going over the exterior of the mini shop. I'm being a perfectionist about it being sealed completely. I want my shop weatherproofed, air/water tight and free from invading insect activity. Going over the exterior again last night pretty much sealed up everything. I think the primer made some cracks and holes more visible. I am satisfied that everything is now %100 sealed. The weathering issue is now solved. Other problems that I now have are: 1. The large heat build up 2. lack of safe and adequate amount of electricity for lighting/power 3. lack of Windows for a view / cross ventilation 4. Shelving / Organization for proper wood and tool storage.

Vents, Vents, Vents.
Tonight, I'll first install a few vents to alleviate the heat build up in there. I'll simply mark the rough openings to the size I need them for the vents. Next, I'll cut through the hardieboard and lay down a bead of caulking to seal the vent into position and screw the vent on.

I have a goal of figuring out how to embed videos into my blog posts. I have embedding a video of Jack's new song "You and Your Heart". So be sure to check it out as well.

Here's a ridiculous Redneck song in response to the oil spill. I would rarely post such flaming crap but I found this insultingly funny against BP. This is my mini protest against them. Cue the Banjo music now please... Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many Thanks to those who read, follow my blog and leave feedback. I am happy to receive the support that I get, it encourages me to continue my exploration of Woodworking and Craftsmanship.