In the late summer of 2010, my beautiful wife and I made the crazy decision to move out of the city and into the Central Texas countryside. It was here that Big Z Creations was formed. This blog chronicles our experiences in gardening, home renovation and repair, woodworking, raising chickens and much more.


Friday, June 4, 2010

Finally Friday

It's a beautiful day.
Just like the U2 song, It's friday again kiddos - that means after 6pm, my desk job turns back into manual labor job, he he. Not too unlike the Carriage turning back into the Pumpkin at midnight for Cinderella. It's a bright sunny friday too, big relief from the rainy cloudy past two days we've been getting.

CAPPED.
GREAT NEWS!! They have finally successfully capped the leaking oil well in the Gulf!! That is just awesome!
We have hopefully put a stop to the leak but now begins the grueling task of skimming and cleaning up the oil heading towards our beaches and reefs. God only knows how long it will take. I am trying to remain optimistic about the entire thing despite how upset and sad I am about it's effect on our environment. I think we will work hard to bounce back from this. Hopefully, we've all learned something about how we can prevent environmental catastrophes like this from happening in the future.

Projects.
As mentioned above - where the desk job ends - the physical work begins for me. The rains have gone away leaving a hot and sticky, humid environment perfect to resume work on the Mini Shop. I am stoked to get back to finishing the preliminary plans for this project. The weather should not be even a factor for this weekend at all other than it may be too hot. Better to be too hot than rain, I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many Thanks to those who read, follow my blog and leave feedback. I am happy to receive the support that I get, it encourages me to continue my exploration of Woodworking and Craftsmanship.