In the late summer of 2010, my beautiful wife and I made the crazy decision to move out of the city and into the Central Texas countryside. It was here that Big Z Creations was formed. This blog chronicles our experiences in gardening, home renovation and repair, woodworking, raising chickens and much more.


Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Weekend Recap.

Photos of my Shop Cat, dead Shop Cat, an Agave growing in my yard, and Titan. Enjoy!




Great Things.
Alot was accomplished this weekend in the mini-shop. I felt it was a very productive weekend, alot of steps in the right direction. All in all, it was a great weekend, it was a hot one too. Summer is said to officially start Monday.

Thanks Dad.
Sunday was Father's Day, I am sending so much love to my Dad, Larry. I wanted to take the time to say "Thank you, Dad for always loving and supporting Krystal and I unconditionally, Thank you for stepping up and being a father figure to Krystal at a time she is lacking one, she greatly wanted to express that. Thank you for helping me construct the Mini-shop, without your construction know-how and experience this project would not be possible. Lastly, thank you for being a part of all our crazy family endeavors. " My Dad flew out on a business trip Sunday, so we didn't really get to spend time with him but that's okay, we celebrated earlier. Be safe, Dad - we love ya, come home soon.

Structurally, I added the much needed ventilation as previously discussed. Two vents were added, one to the North facing and another on the South facing to create much needed cross ventilation. The vents are also sealed into place to prevent leaking. After placing the vents, I noticed that the heat build up inside the shop greatly subsided. I plan to later install a thermometer inside the shop to really get an accurate idea of the inside temperature of the shop.

Later, I finished the frame work to the 24" x 55.5" x 40" workbench. The workbench frame is very sturdy and has extra center bracing for the work bench top and bottom shelf. Assembly came easy with the Kreg Jig.

I also managed to complete the construction of a small birdhouse, that I began a while back before starting up Big Z. Using my table saw to make the final components of the birdhouse was a dream. It was a very easy task and make simple, precision work of it. A little bit of wood putty, sanding, paint and shellac and this birdhouse is good to go. This will be the job of my finisher: Krystal.

Don't forget to leave us a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many Thanks to those who read, follow my blog and leave feedback. I am happy to receive the support that I get, it encourages me to continue my exploration of Woodworking and Craftsmanship.