In the late summer of 2010, my beautiful wife and I made the crazy decision to move out of the city and into the Central Texas countryside. It was here that Big Z Creations was formed. This blog chronicles our experiences in gardening, home renovation and repair, woodworking, raising chickens and much more.


Monday, May 10, 2010

Heartbreak


It is very difficult and unreal to watch the events of the Oil Rig Spill unfold here in the Gulf of Mexico. To a couple of surfers like Krystal and I - it is heartbreaking....

The Gulf is what it is, it's not the Pacific or the Atlantic, but it is OUR coast. We have enjoyed surfing, boogie boarding, body surfing, skim boarding, swimming and fishing out of the waters of the Gulf coast. What hurts even more is that we may not be able to safely venture out into the Gulf's waters for a long time even after the spill.

I am gravely saddened by this tragedy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm having a hard time watching news coverage or anything like that concerning the oil spill. Too upsetting, man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went surfing at Port A for the first time on Sunday. I fell in love with surfing and I feel like I was a surfer chick in another life. It makes me even more sad to know that we may not be able to surf out there again in the future. Right now the oil is going out to Florida so Port A is not yet affected but it will eventually cycle back. What are we doing to our ocean!? So sad.

    ReplyDelete

Many Thanks to those who read, follow my blog and leave feedback. I am happy to receive the support that I get, it encourages me to continue my exploration of Woodworking and Craftsmanship.