In the late summer of 2010, my beautiful wife and I made the crazy decision to move out of the city and into the Central Texas countryside. It was here that Big Z Creations was formed. This blog chronicles our experiences in gardening, home renovation and repair, woodworking, raising chickens and much more.


Monday, May 3, 2010

Days 1, 2 and 3 at Big Z.













Here's the Amazing Sunrise from our first night spent at Big Z.













Here I am tired as hell, LOL... Big Z is worth it.

So here’s the list of crap that my family of Four and I’ve done this weekend….

- reserved / rented a 17’ Uhaul truck

- picked up Uhaul truck

- drove Uhaul truck to the Highsmith house

- loaded the large things and the rest of my junk into a 17’ Uhaul

- drove Uhaul truck to Big Z

- unloaded Uhaul truck into Big Z

- installed Engery Star Digital AC Thermostat

- installed Two Fire alarms/ Smoke Detectors

- hooked up refrigerator

- replaced low flow Toilet hardware

- hooked up dryer

- hooked up washer machine

- hooked up TV, Entertainment center

- hooked up Water filtration system

- put up 8 mini blinds

- put up 8 sets of draperies

- installed 10 foot cattle gate

- installed 30 feet of critter fencing

- yard cleanup, mowed grass, weed eated

- dug holes for Oleanders

- planted 10 pots of Oleanders

- dug holes for Oak Trees

- planted 2 Oak Trees

- unpacked, unpacked, unpacked.

More to be done:

- Hook up / inspect / Clean AC duct work

- Layout Big Z’s deck foundation plan / site prep

- spray for spiders SPIDERS spiders BIG BROWN SPIDERS, small Black Spiders and don’t forget Scorpions

- Hook up Surround Sound system through subflooring

- Put together treadmill, workout bench in workout room

- repair / build Master closet shelves / closet rods / racks

- unpack some more…

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many Thanks to those who read, follow my blog and leave feedback. I am happy to receive the support that I get, it encourages me to continue my exploration of Woodworking and Craftsmanship.