In the late summer of 2010, my beautiful wife and I made the crazy decision to move out of the city and into the Central Texas countryside. It was here that Big Z Creations was formed. This blog chronicles our experiences in gardening, home renovation and repair, woodworking, raising chickens and much more.


Monday, April 26, 2010

4 More Days to Big Z

Here we are in the final countdown to Big Z and it's getting harder to sleep throughout the night with all the anticipation in the air.

I've changed to the 9am to 6pm shift at my other job due to a co-worker that recently was stricken will an illness. The Crew at Big Z Creations wish him well and our prayers are with him. The shift change should be better on me as I will navigate less traffic in the mornings and evenings as I begin the drive to and from Bastrop.

We have successfully managed to move a majority of things in my parents home near Big Z. So we are down to the remaining 10% which is mostly the large appliances, the TV, the bed and a few 0ther things. Upon closing we'll migrate the 10% first, as these will be the large things that will need to get into our new house first. Enough about the move, ha ha.

I guess one of the first things we'll need to get prepared would be securing the farm gate to close off the back yard. We'll be installing a 6' gate and about a 35' section of smaller fencing to close off the back lot completely. Titan and Mishka, our dogs, will not be running away once this is completed. I'll also have investigate a way to keep Mishka from digging holes. Hmmm....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Many Thanks to those who read, follow my blog and leave feedback. I am happy to receive the support that I get, it encourages me to continue my exploration of Woodworking and Craftsmanship.